Telescopic Apertures

|

Sometimes it's best to keep things simple. As I'm installing my new craft space upstairs, I realised that I'll have less space to work with. Our long dining room table has been my "studio" until recently. Everytime I had to carry down the boxes in which I keep my stash and take everything out. The table soon became a mess. Bits of paper and baby wipes everywhere, two tea mugs and an empty plate at the end of a long night of crafting, ink pads and dies all over the table. I never liked the cleaning up part. There won't be any mess now as there's no space for it!

Everytime I cleaned up, I'd put things aside for my friend, charity or eBay. It's always surprising to find something to give away when you don't own much. My studio is still work in progress and I'm looking for beautiful things to add to it. The best part is that the few boxes of craft material fit nicely into my new desk.

Lately, I've been working mainly with dies and coloured cardstock. Pretty basic stuff from your stash which you can turn into beauties such as this:


















These Telescopic Aperture cards were published last month in Die-Cutting Essentials (Issue 120). I enjoyed so much making them. The flower die came with the CMOTY prize package and I used it over and over again. It's great for the inlaid die-cutting technique as shown on the right panel of the stepper.

Here are the other cards...





I hope to find some time this weekend to make cards for family as there are so many birthdays in March! All of my time goes into work for the magazines which can be hectic but I won't complain... Not many people can honestly say they are doing what they love doing!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Post Signature

Post Signature