Panda Paradise

|

A long, long time ago when I first spotted Marianne Design's Box Card die, I knew that I had to have it. One day. What always keeps me from spending my money on dies is that they are so expensive. Turns out I didn't have to wait that long for this one as Jenn from Papercraft Essentials asked me for a Masterclass on box cards. There are certainly cheaper ways to create them instead of investing in this die set, but I wanted something nice and easy. Another die set from Tattered Lace allows you to build panorama cards, too. The cheapest and easiest option is to stick to Fancy Card Blanks from Crafter's Companion. They have a range of fancy card styles which are great if you don't want to do the measuring and scoring yourself while saving time.

Back to my box card which I teamed with other Marianne Design dies. Just give me coloured card and I'm the happiest crafter! These cards were so easy to make, they practically made themselves. The only downside is that it takes forever to cut out all the pieces as I wanted to create detailed scenes.

Here are four of the five cards I made for this Masterclass. Starting with my favourite and I really wish I was in the forest myself with these cute pandas:


After making the pandas, I worked on this bambi card with my favourite Lawn Cuts Grassy Border and Farm Fence Die-namics die. I couldn't imagine crafting without them anymore and they're popping up in a lot of my designs. They come in handy if you like to build scenes.




















Here's another cute card featuring one of my all-time favourites, Marianne's little fox. I had just bought the Skyline Border die from MFT which came in handy as a backdrop for this scene.




















Last but not least a box card with more cute critters from Marianne Design. These are smaller than they look, in fact they're so small that I decided to part from the die set which includes four animals and a crib. They're more suitable for baby cards and you can buy them here.





















I spent the last week working on a new feature and trying something I've never done before. Watch out for my cards in this month's Simply Cards & Papercraft and the Joanna Sheen Design Collection.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Post Signature

Post Signature